Monday, November 8, 2010

Are you Rich?

There is a song that I shared with the team when they were down here called “If you eact each day your rich” by Bryan Sirchio, every day I am thankful for the food that I am able to eat (even if I may grow a little tired some days of rice and beans) and I think about the families who may be without. I pray for an answer to this problem that baffles me. Today I was reading a book called “Change the world: Recovering the church” and they brought up what I am sure you hear people say all the time, but I love the answer. “How can a loving God let innocent children suffer and starve?” God doesn’t God’s people do. A disciple chooses to follow Jesus in living more simply so others can simply live.” This is a really profound statement and I pray for simplicity of life for so many not only so that others can simply live; but I think living more simply helps you so appreciate the really important things in our lives that makes us truly happy. In our capitalist society we are taught that the more you have the happier you will be. And we here things like ‘the person who dies with the most toys win’. But we all know this a fleeting happiness. And all those extra ‘things’ really do just complicate our lives and make us loose touch with the most important things in our lives. So as you reflect on this song. I would also add if you have a solid roof over your head then you are rich. In saying that, I ask you to lift up a special blessing to the families who are living in the tent cities during this hurricane season.

No comments:

Post a Comment