Saturday, July 24, 2010

You never know how God will use your abilities.













No matter how small those abilities may seem, they may be used someday. Once upon a time I wanted to be an architect when I grew up. That was the plans right out of high school, but plans always seem to change. I have never really lost that passion. I love HGTV and can watch the remodel shows all day long. But I never thought this passion for design would come in handy in Haiti.
The kitchen in Haiti had gone through some updating in the past year. But they wanted to get a more permanent kitchen put into place before the N.American teams arrived in Haiti. The cooks shared what they wanted for their kitchen. Then Paul, the pastor asked me to draw out the plans. At first I thought I am not an architect, nor do I know Haitian construction. But after thinking about it and praying about it; I realized I did have enough knowledge to make this a reality. So I drew out a floor plan for the new kitchen. After some more input from Amab (Paul's wife) about extra storage, plans were tweaked.
Things move slow in Haiti, so I had no idea when the new kitchen would become a reality. Then one morning I walked up for breakfast and all the old sinderblocks from the kitchen were removed and the guys were hard at work. It was all very exciting to see it become a reality. It was even more exciting to see how excited the ladies were about the building of their new kitchen. You never know what you will be asked to do in missions.

No comments:

Post a Comment