Friday, July 23, 2010

What are you praying for?


Journal from Haiti -- May 16th --
I awoke with a glimmer of light in our room at 5:30am. Then I took out my earplugs and the rooster sang me awake. Time to venture out to the beautiful outhouse, no problem I like camping. I was praying and thanking God for letting me be there. (Not there in the outhouse specifically but in Haiti.) Then I asked God for a toilet seat. I'm making a list of basic things I would like. A toilet seat would be nice.
Then one of my favorite songs came on my Ipod - "I was made to love you" by Toby Mac. There is a line in that song that says "anything, I would give it up for you. Everything I would give it all away."
I had to laugh --- I never thought about having to give up a toilet seat. It is amazing the things in our lives we take for granted.

No comments:

Post a Comment