Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Visiting People


How often do we take time out of our lives to visit people. We are just to busy in our own lives. This is on things I miss about Haiti. One day as I was walking home from the artisan workshop, I heard this beautiful rhythmic sound. I asked Eddy what it was and he led me around the corner. This is what we saw. The family was excited to see us. They welcomed us and greeted us and grabbed us chairs to sit on from the house. I watched as they beat down the peatameez (not spelled right - but how it sounds) The older lady in the foreground was sifting rice.
Next to where we were sitting there was a young lady who was sowing the new nursing uniforms. We talked for awhile with the family and I just enjoyed the atmosphere. The family also offered us a coconut which is alway a treat. The hospitality in Haiti is unbelieveable and the people are so loving.

No comments:

Post a Comment