Sunday, May 29, 2011

Learning from our Brothers and Sisters

This morning I teared up just a little bit in church. It was because the two women coming down for the offertory were holding hands. Now some of you may think that is odd. But it reminded me of Haiti. When I first experienced this connection of hand holding in Haiti; I was walking to the market with the pastor's teenage daughter. She grabbed my hand as we were walking; I thought this was strange, but also felt connected, accepted, and loved by her.

I see people holding hands everywhere in Haiti. But the next time I remember two friends of mine, 2 guys were holding hands as the group of us walked. One of the Americans asked me if they were gay. I laughed a little and said "No, they are just good friends, many Haitians hold hands as they walk just to have that connection to one another."
That is what I saw this morning with those two ladies holding hands. It brought joy to my heart because I could see their love for each other. I think we can learn from this. Have that connection with the people you love. Reach out and grab that hand of your friend, show your love for them. Don't be afraid to look silly or have someone question you. You should always show love its what we are connected on this earth to do. Love is always something to be joyous about and never feel ashamed or embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment