Monday, May 28, 2012

Creating

Are you an artist? I struggle with the response to this question. It has taken me a long time to admit one of the gifts God has given me is that of creativity or art. But early in the morning, looking at the real artistry of creation and awe at what God has made; I wonder if I just am able to see and appreciate what is there. Maybe, just a little bit of it can rub off on me and I can create too. This morning I watched as one of the trees I can see off my front porch was sun kissed in the morning. It glowed yellow as if it was just greeting the sun and said with peace and a smile, “Bonjou”. That tree had a moment with the sun and now they are both carrying on with their day. I am happy I awoke early enough to see it.

The other morning I couldn’t sleep and awoke very early before the sun. A friend and I went on the roof to greet the sun. He said it was the best time to pray to God. Speak into the skies with your arms raised and praise, he showed me. “Oh, Mesi Bondye [Oh, Thank you God].” We sat and watched with anticipation as the colors changed at the top of the trees and you knew that sun would make an appearance, soon. We watched the beauty for awhile and then decided to take a walk. We walked for just a bit and then I felt it. I turned and just like the tree the other day, the sun said, “Bonjou, Bonjou, Angelica.” I stood there for a moment and closed my eyes and let the light know me. I took a deep breath of thanks and went on with my day.

Take a moment to appreciate creation and the beauty around you. Look at what God has done and what you do and create in your world everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment