Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Returning back home to Haiti


For the first time being in Haiti the sights feel natural to me. Mwen sonje se sa e se sa. I remember this and that. The sounds and smells help remind me of so many memories of being here just 3 months ago. It brings me joy, but also a certain amount of sadness because nothing much has changed. Change in Haiti is very slow, much like the 3 hour wait at the bank or being in stand-still traffic for hours. I arrived safely at Montas’ house (hours later than expected, he had a radiator hose tear), but all is well. As Montas says, “that is just the way life is in Haiti”. It just makes me smile, he’s right you just keep going. God provides you with what you need at the time. I slept wonderful minus a few mosquito bites and woke to the rooster – my long lost friend. I think we have definitely developed a love hate relationship with each other.

No comments:

Post a Comment