Saturday, June 7, 2014

Drinking Water

Sometimes water is a challenge at my house.  Actually this is probably a huge understatement in general about the water in Haiti.  This is bathing water and drinking water.  I buy drinking water in 5 gallon jugs from Jacmel which is a city that is a half hour down the mountain on a bad rocky dirt road about 1/2 hour.  The family that I stay with, often share the water too, at least for the little one.  Often times it is gone before I realize it. Sometimes it has been a day or two until I could buy some more.  I don’t go without, I drink local filtered water which is safe – but really does not taste very good.  Or I go to neighbor's house and borrow some or buy bags of water or a bottle in the street ‘downtown’ Mizak.  But we get by and then go and buy some more in the city; lugging a 5 gallon jug up the mountain tied to the back of the motorcycle.  “Se la vi” That's life.
So say a little prayer when you experience this - it really is a blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment