Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Inspiration

I had posted a blog back in January about Jacquiline and how much she gives me encouragement and continues to inspire me in Haiti. http://angelicaheartforhaiti.blogspot.com/2011/01/being-part-of-creative-process.html I shared about how she had this idea for a bag made out of coffee bean sacks. The bag was quite a good idea but needed some tweaking. I searched out ideas and ran across a bag from another missionary from Canada, her bag was exactly what I had, had in my head. I showed it to Jacquiline not knowing what she might come up with. Well like I shared the bags have been a huge hit among team members, I have also sold many in the US and am searching out other places she may be able to sell them. I also had been hearing through the ‘grapevine’ that HAPI has
an order for over 2000 of the bags. I passed by the Co-op the other day to visit Francoise and say hi to the other artisans and was amazed at what I saw.
Four of the artisans were busy at work that day making Jacquiline’s messenger bags! Incredible! Way to go Jacquiline I am so proud of you. Even still Jacquilne searches out new projects and new things she can make to make a living at to provide for her family. I look forward to sharing other projects she comes up with in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment