Saturday, January 8, 2011

Being a part of a creative process


I have been working with one of our artisans on creating a bag/purse that will be sellable on the US market. When we first began the bags looked similar to our shopping bags in the United States. But Jacquiline (or Jacquie as I call her because she has so much spunk and passion for what she does) has been working diligently on getting a nice styled bag. When I first saw the bags made of old coffee bean sacks, I knew they had lots of potential. The bags are made of the recycled burlap bags from potatos or coffee beans and then are lined and finished off nicely. I have given her some advice and shown her pictures and prayed that not too much gets lost in the translations. But she has been successful; she is quite the entrepreneur. I can't wait to see what she comes up with next.


1 comment: